These are the 5 best tips for you to make the most luxury travel ever.
1) Make it comfortable: Choose the best hotel at your destination. But, to choose right, try not to get any help from tour agents. You will be paying someone else who earns money from the hotels to choose hotels for you. You will be running the risk of getting the best…. best for their earnings, not for you. Instead you may just step into any hotel comparing websites (like Booking.com) and check it by yourself. To be more accurate check three of them, like Hotels.com ; Trivago, etc. Next step, filter the 5-star hotels at the destination. Then, simply skip local brands or small boutique hotels. Almost always, this is a better choice to pick a major luxury brand hotel chain to choose from. You will never make mistakes this way. Boutique hotels and local brands can be good, but it is also risky. We have had some bad experiences in small local hotels who called themselves 5-star. The best luxury hotel brands we recommend are: Four Seasons; St Regis; Leading Hotels (LHW); Mandarin Oriental; Cheval Blanc (LVMH group ) and Fairmont. Those you may always trust. Check our own high end luxury hotel ranking here.
2) Have a good night sleep during your flights (For long distance trips). A good night sleep means you will better profit your destination from the very beginning. Always choose Business class or First Class cabins (when available). Also choose direct flights. Again, the best way to chose the best flight for you is by doing it yourself. Don’t ask anyone else. First step Just get into any flight searching engine ( Like Kayak, Google Travel or others ) . Second step, filter it for business / first class. Third, order all the flights by “faster”, aiming direct flights. If there are no direct flights available, al least you will be seeing the shorter stopovers options before the others. When there are several options, you may also choose the air company. Generally the Asian companies are the best. Singapore Airways is the world´s best we can say, but you may hear the same thing from many other luxury travelers.
3) Eat well and in style. As food lovers we always recommend it. A gourmet haute cuisine meal can be the for the non-naked humans, the world’s best pleasure. Try the local ingredients and traditional recipes, as they will be within the common local gastronomy knowledge. As an example, the best rice dish will always be in East Asia while the best bread, somewhere in the middle east. If you invert it, you my face a disaster. Go for cheeses in France, for aromatic herbs in the Mediterranean, for burgers in the US and make no mistakes. If you are travelling to a major European city, simply check the Michelin Guide. If possible, choose a 3star ranked restaurant for the highest end experience. Check here the best ways to find good restaurants here without being trapped.
4) Get a nice car for a smooth and safe drive. Works better for small distance trips within good developed countries. You may pick a super car to for the best possible comfort and style. A cabrio in the summer is an excellent choice. Trains may be comfortable, but they don´t allow us to interact with the country´s beauty, to alter our route, to make nice pictures or to choose a nice stopover on our way. If you don’t like to drive, you can also choose a chauffeur-drive rental. We always pick a luxury car whenever it is available at the destination. In some of the remote countries we’ve been to, unfortunately there were no good cars for renting. We always recommend Sixt rent a car. They always have the best luxurious options round the globe.
5) Go for the destination´s best. Enjoy nature in the Maldives and enjoy the culture in Beijing. Enjoy the fauna in the Galapagos Islands and the history in Egypt. Again, if you shuffle these examples it may be a disaster. We have sometimes read reviews form tourist complaining about the sounds of the sea in Bora Bora and others about the lack of nature in Tokyo. They were in the wrong place. Probably people with low culture who made no efforts to choose the right place to go, we must say. So before choosing your next destination , this is very important to know what you like. We always recommend to spend some nice time in Google instead of the social media. See facts about places and not reviews. Check Wikipedia. Skip also the advertising to as they can lead you to make mistakes. If you need some tips about luxury travel, please email us at email@example.com